Sisterhood is a group of women within the B’nai Israel community who are dedicated to friendship, social action and fundraising. Membership is open and women of all faiths are welcome.
Our activities include:
- Maintaining the congregation Kitchen including equipment and Oneg table wares
- Social action within our community
- Care and goodwill for members of our congregation community, including welcome New Member baskets, care packages for those who are ill, and the bereaved.
- Hosting the Rosh Hashanah Oneg
- Providing Challot for Shabbat Services and coordinating Oneg celebrations
- Fundraising for maintenance for the building and grounds with regular improvements to the landscaping
Organization: A Sisterhood Board is elected annually by the membership.
Keep us, O God, from pettiness; let us be large in thought, in word, in deed.
Let us be done with fault-finding, and leave off self-seeking. May we put away all pretense and meet each other face to face, without self-pity and without prejudice.
May we never be hasty in judgement and always generous. Let us take time for all things; make us to grow calm, serene, gentle.
Teach us to put into action our better impulses; straight-forward and unafraid.
Grant that we may realize it is the little things that create differences, that in the big things of life, we are as one.
And may we strive to touch and to know the great common human heart of us all.
Oh, Lord God, let us not forget to be kind, and may we always be mindful of Thee.
– Alda Lois Feferman
Temple B'Nai Jerusalem
- Exit I-40 at exit 67, Western Street.
- Proceed south on Western 2 blocks to Albert Street.
- Turn right (west) on Albert Street.
- Proceed to St. Paul Street (1 block past the first stop sign)
- Temple is at the corner of St. Paul and Albert.